Packed with plants that butterflies love, this garden is an irresistible lure for those tiny flying jewels. Ideal for anyone who enjoys the wonder of nature, this garden will delight. Just sit back and enjoy the show!
Our limited edition, 1-2-3 Done Garden Kits from renowned landscape designer P. Allen Smith allow even the first-time grower to enjoy the beauty of a bountiful and lush garden. Each kit is designed to be easy to install so you can avoid multiple trips to big box stores. Allen has done all the design work; you just pick out the one that fits your budget, style, and needs.
Plants are shipped within 2 weeks of ordering, depending on your climate/location. Contact customer service with any questions. Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Butterfly Garden: 1-2-3 Done Garden
Each kit includes only the highest quality young plants or tubers needed to start your garden, as well as a beautiful elevation design and plot plan. Both are printed on card stock making them appropriate to display on your refrigerator or carry with you into the garden. Allen's very own planting instructions are included in the kit as well, giving you the security of knowing that the world's most foremost garden designer is right there by your side. Each kit will fill in an area of approximately150 square feet when plants are fully grown--about 3 years from planting.
The Butterfly Garden includes the following plants:
1. Butterfly Weed (Qty: 3) This easy, long lived perennial, offers months of bright, tangerine orange blooms! Deadheading the flowers will stimulate another bloom cycle about a month after the first one. Heavily laden with nectar and pollen, these flowers are particularly attractive to hummingbirds, Monarch butterflies, bees, and other beneficial insects. Gather bountiful bouquets of flowers all summer long; sear the ends of the cut stems over a flame to stop the milky sap from leaking out. Following the fabulous flowers, green fruits develop which rupture to reveal seeds with long, silvery-white, silky hairs reminiscent of its cousin, common milkweed. These are great to use in dried flower arrangements. Garden Height: 24" Light Requirement: Sun Hardiness Zone: 3-9 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Shipping: Plants arrive heavily rooted in a 3” x 3” container, labeled to common name and botanical name.
2. Aster 'Kickin Lilac Blue' (Qty: 3) These are terrific favorites for autumn color in the perennial border! These North American natives form bushy mounds, bearing loads of small purple-blue flowers. From late summer through mid-fall, every inch of these tidy, compact plants is completely covered in flowers, creating a huge splash of color that is so needed in the garden late in the season. Garden Height: 24-36" Light Requirement: Sun Hardiness Zone: 5-9 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Shipping: Plants arrive heavily rooted in a 3” x 3” container, labeled to common name and botanical name, 7-10 business days after order is processed.
3. Hemerocallis 'Primal Scream' Daylily (Qty: 3) One of the most sought-after daylilys available today. With color that arrests your attention, this is a riot-inciting daylily if there was ever one! Presents with 7.5-8.5" tangerine orange, gold dusted blossoms with a green throat, blooming early midsummer. Splendid with any flower that can stand up to this daylily's spectacular orange hue. Herbaceous perennial. Garden Height: 34" Light Requirement: Sun to Part Sun Hardiness Zone: 3-9 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Shipping: Will arrive bareroot in a plastic bag with peat for moisture and ready to plant. Will be the largest sizes commercially available and labeled to common and botanical name.
4. Buddleia 'Magenta Muchkin' Butterfly Bush (Qty: 3) You’ll welcome this plant into your sunny landscape because of its shorter stature and earlier blooming. 7-8” fuchsia red flowers have lighter centers on each individual flower. This floriferous variety will produce tons of flower panicles when in bloom. The low, rounded, ball-shaped habit has medium green foliage. A butterfly favorite! Garden Height: 2.5-3.0' Light Requirement: Full Sun Hardiness Zone: 3-9 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Shipping: Plants arrive heavily rooted in a 3” x 3” container, labeled to common name and botanical name.
5. Hemerocallis 'Mauna Loa' Daylily (Qty: 3) This award winning daylily is sure to win you over, as well. Bright coppery-orange flowers with a thin ruffled edge and green throat. Strong tetraploid plants with sturdy upright stems and a high bud count means lots of beautiful blooms. Impossible for butterflies to resist! Garden Height: 22" Light Requirement: Full Sun Hardiness Zone: 3-9 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Shipping: Will arrive bareroot in a plastic bag with peat for moisture and ready to plant. Will be the largest sizes commercially available and labeled to common and botanical name.